Twitter

Friday, May 15, 2015

Parallel Lives




Writing the article on mother.ly was extremely cathartic for me. It also allowed me time to reflect on everything I had been through leading up to having a family.
I wrote "Parallel Lives" in a an hour on a cold winter day in 2011. My heart ached. I could not stop thinking about my babies that I had lost. After my miscarriages I just felt emptiness all over. I would imagine my baby all day, hoping that maybe if I visualized him I could bring him to life.
Songwriting was flowing out of me. I had so much pain.
I wrote this for the baby I hoped to meet.

It would later get picked up by the ABC television show "Switched at Birth" and was featured in a love scene between the main characters Emmett and Bay.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/azizah-rowen/id444968739

No comments: